Pages

Sunday, August 3, 2008

The trip.... part uno


Well, I know I should have been doing this along our trip, but it was just too hard to try and keep up! I cant believe we were gone for an entire month and are already back here dreading the beginning of the school year :(

Our plan was to leave at 4 am on June 25th, this was to beat the morning traffic as well as arrive in Denver at a decent hour. Andrew and I got ready and headed to bed around 9. After another wonderful episode of Jon and Kate plus eight, if you dont watch this you SHOULD we tried to go to sleep. After laying around until about midnight, we both looked at each other and decided to just get ready to go and leave. We had everything unplugged and ready for the month we would be gone by 1 am. We hopped in the car and took off!!!!!

The drive started off just fine we were both wide awake and totally enjoying ourselves. Somewhere along the way I got sleepy...... I took a nap and then we switched drivers...I am telling you NEVER again will I drive through t hose mountains EVER! When we made it abour 4 hours out of Denver we were both EXHAUSTED and didn't know if we would make it! We finally arrived to find out what a dump our hotel room was! It was around 3 and we decided to let Gidget eat and drink and we would take a nap. Denver was not that amazing, maybe we were both just tired and we knew we wouldnt be there long, but I could haave done without. We went out for dinner, not great and drove past Coors Field, that was pretty cool! Headed back to the hotel room and went back to sleep! Knowing we would have traffic to deal with we got up early the next morning to head on our journey to South Dakota!

Here are some of the pictures along the way.............




No comments: